How to Insure your Elgin Business
When a commercial property suffers, the business itself suffers. So, if a disaster, like water damage, happens to your Elgin business, it is necessary to have thorough insurance coverage. It is especially important to talk with your agent as not all insurance policies are made the same. In policies, water damage can also be sourced in so many ways and the coverage will vary based on your current commercial policy. It is advised to add water damage coverage or get additional coverage on top of your standard policy. This is recommended because this allows for greater range of a coverage for types of water damage sources. So, when getting quotes, pay attention to what different companies offer.
There are many insurance companies that can provide coverage for your commercial building. Below are examples of possible commercial flood insurance providers and how to contact them today to get started on your policy:
- Allstate Insurance (800) 255-7828
- Farmers Insurance (800) 435-7764
- State Farm Insurance (800) 732-5246
- The Hartford (877) 805-9918
Finding the right insurance is crucial for your business because the most common causes of water damage can be very expensive. One of the biggest causes for water damage in an Elgin commercial property are pipe bursts so being properly covered can save your business. Being properly coverage is very important for your business because commercial water damage can easily cost thousands of dollars. This makes it important for business owners to know that their policies cover such damage.
The main cause of pipe bursts are due to cold weather. When the temperatures drop, the water in the pipe freezes. This leads to it expanding and then rupturing. In addition to the weather, there are other ways a pipe can break or leak:
- Rusty Pipes- Pipes, like anything else in your Elgin home, only last so long. They will eventually start to wear out or rust over. Too much rusting or wear can make your pipes vulnerable to bursts. It is highly recommended to consistency inspect your pipes and replace the ones that have become weak or rusty. Signs of worn out pipes include discolored water, stains on the wall, and lower water pressure.
- Hard water- Hard water refers to water that contains high content of magnesium and calcium. Although they are not harmful to humans, they can harmful to your pipes. These minerals can cause build up and slow your flow of water. Furthermore, these minerals have been known to corrode the pipes and create holes that allow the water to flow out.
- Poor Installation- Pipe leaks can happen if there is a poorly soldered or fitted connection between the pipes.
If your business ends up suffering from water damage, luckily you will be insured and SERVPRO of Elgin will be able to assist you. We are the water damage professionals and have earned the trust of many property owners to make it seem “Like it never even happened”. To schedule your service, call our office: (847) 697-8500.
Learn more about Elgin