Our Tools Can Help Solve Your Elgin Home's Water Damage
Many disasters can take place inside your Elgin home or business when you least expect it. If a disaster were to happen, luckily SERVPRO of Elgin is always ready for whatever happens. When it comes to water damage, our trained technicians have an array of specialized equipment to bring your Elgin home back to preloss conditions. At SERVPRO of Elgin, we use the specialized equipment to help speed up the extraction and drying process. SERVPRO of Elgin is fully equipped with the following tools to restore any home and make it feel “Like it never even happened.”
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in your Elgin home’s carpets and paddings. This tool has sharp probes that penetrate through carpets and padding to determine if water has migrated on the subflooring. If there is moisture, the sensor will provide both blinking and beeping as a signal. The greater the amount of moisture, the faster the lights and beeping will become.
- Moisture Meters are utilized to measure the actual content or levels of various materials. This tool can be penetrative and non-penetrative depending on what needs to be measured. For example, penetrative meters will be used on carpet while non-penetrative meters will be used on drywall.
- Extractors are used to provide sufficient water removal in your Elgin home. There are several different types of extractors to use such as Truck-Mounted, Light Wands, or Stationary tools. Factors in each situation such as depth of water and available power will give the technicians a better idea of what to use.
- Air Movers are used in water damage restoration to enhance evaporation at the surface level and reduce drying time.
- Dehumidifiers are used to remove water vapor from the air. This reduces the amount of water vapor in the air which lowers the humidity ratio. This is important because lower humidity increases the rate of evaporation of moisture.
SERVPRO of Elgin is a recognized Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) firm for the past 16 years. Every technician for SERVPRO of Elgin is certified and knows how to utilize our unique tools to bring your home back to preloss conditions. We are a 24-hour service and are here to help you with any water damage needs you face in your Elgin home. If you need to schedule service, please contact our office: (847) 697-8500.
Lean more about Elgin