Stop spreading the germs in Elgin
Flu season is in full swing here in Kane County and the spread of germs is on everyone’s mind. During this time, it is important to do our part to help stop the spread of germs. One of the first steps you can take is to keep up with the latest information and news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). They have emphasized the importance of keeping your surroundings clean and safe which include environments like the workplace, schools, commercial establishments, and homes. Each environment has proactive actions you can take to prevent the spread of germs
Workplace & school safety
- Practice good hygiene. In the workplace, avoid handshakes or use other methods of greeting. You should be keeping your space clean by disinfecting surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, desks, and hand railings.
- Where a mask whenever you are in close contact with others.
- Practice good social distancing, stay 6 feet away from others not in your social circle
- Be careful with meetings and travel. If you have the opportunity, use videoconferencing instead of face-to-face meetings. If this is not possible, try to hold your meeting in an open, well-ventilated space. In addition, assess the risk of business travel. Make sure you know how to best prepare for a safe experience at the airport.
- Handle food carefully. This means to limit food sharing and always wash your hands before consuming food. If your workplace has a cafeteria, ensure staff practice strict hygiene
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick
- All Elgin households should encourage everyone to wash their hands upon entering the home and avoid touching their face
- Disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, and handrails
- It is suggested for households with sick family members to give them their own room if possible
- Practice good hygiene. To avoid spreading germs in Elgin, it is recommended to use other methods of greeting people rather than a handshake. At business or commercial establishments, promote tap and pay to limit handling of cash
- Avoid crowds. Being in the presence of crowds increases your chances of catching something. To avoid crowds, use online transactions where possible. If you are someone managing these establishment, consider limiting attendance at larger gatherings
- Be cautious when using public transportation. Taxis, buses, and ride shares are all very common uses of transportation and sometimes it’s hard to avoid using them when it’s your main source of getting from point A to B. Always keep hand sanitizer handy with you to use after you’ve arrived at your destination. It is also recommended to keep windows down if possible to increase ventilation
SERVPRO of Elgin is “Here to Help” to stop the spread of germs in these environments by providing our proactive cleaning services. As the #1 choice for cleanup and restoration, we have the CDC and EPA approved resources to help you immediately. Call us today to see how we can help clean your home or business: (847) 697-8500.