The Three C’s to Clean
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solution, and remediation processes over decades. Expertise born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects the unique experience and capabilities of America’s #1 cleanup and restoration brand. The program is grounded with our unique 3C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certified. But what does that mean? Let’s break down the “Three C’s to Clean”:
Consult: A tailored cleaning program to meet your needs
Not all Elgin businesses are the same, which is why we will assign you a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a custom cleaning program to meet your specific needs. SERVPRO has worked in a wide variety of industries with businesses ranging from startups to global, multinational organizations. That’s why we know to start such a critical cleaning process with a consultation. Your specific program will be developed based on a range of factors: business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic, and congestion points. As a result, you’ll know that Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is not just an industry leading standard in clean, you’ll know that the clean you receive is customized to your business needs.
Clean: Proactive & COVID-19 emergency response cleaning program
Based on the specific needs of your business, your location will undergo a thorough, expert deep clean rooted in the pillars of People, Process, and Product.
- People: SERVPRO of Elgin professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform.
- Process: SERVPRO of Elgin professionals are trained to perform proactive or emergency response cleanups that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup processes, and disposal of biohazard materials. In the event of a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24-hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Product: Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned has more than 100 exclusive cleaning products to meet any needs including our proprietary cleaning agent, SERVPROXIDE, which is a hospital grade disinfectant that carries the EPA lowest toxicity category and is a National Sanitation Foundation certified for direct food content surface use. All of our products carry the EPA’s registered pathogens claims and meet the standard set by the CDC.
Certify: A commitment to clean for your employees and consumers
At SERVPRO of Elgin, we are going to extend our credibility as a premier biohazard cleaning company in the country to your business. We are here to give assurance to your employees and customers that only SERVPRO can deliver. Once your Elgin business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to our propriety signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates you’ve selected the highest standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
To learn more about our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program, call our office today! We are available 24-hours a day to answer your question or set up your consultation. (847) 697-8500.
More about Elgin
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned: The Results Are In!
SERVPRO has conducted a recent study, COVID-19 Cleaning: A Reopening Study, to help assess the attitudes and comfort levels of 1,000 consumers about patronizing businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. We believe you will find this data useful as it helps highlight the needs for our new Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Program. Check out of findings below:
- 71% expect businesses to have higher cleanliness standards than respondents do in their own home
- 76% say the way a business addresses cleanliness during COVID-19 is a good indictor of how well that business is run in general
- 73% say they are going to be more attuned to cleanliness once COVID is over
- 68% are constantly thinking about avoiding COVID exposure when they are out in public
- 64% are more likely to choose to shop at a store that has a decal stating the store has been professionally cleaned
- 59% are worried about COVID exposure from touching surfaces that have not been sufficiently cleaned
You can further read our study, COVID-19 Cleaning: A Reopening Study, by clicking here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses, and public spaces in the communities we all call home. With over 50 years of expertise, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
Whether you have an office space, warehouse facility, or restaurant, SERVPRO of Elgin is ready to address your specific needs and help get your Elgin business running again. It is our duty to make Elgin business owners and the community feel at ease and safe as the public reopens their doors. Call SERVPRO of Elgin today at (847) 697-8500 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Learn more about Elgin
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - The Program Your Elgin Business Needs
Illinois has successfully reached Phase Three, which means we are starting to see businesses reopen their doors and the community is moving towards a new kind of normal. Research indicates 89% of consumers are concerned to go back to brick and mortar stores. This makes staying safe a top concern for visitors, customers, and employees. The global pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, so SERVPRO of Elgin has launched the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program with the goal to provide businesses a safe and clean environment.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to Elgin businesses and commercial spaces to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your staff, and customers can rest assured you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard.
With the stakes being this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify:
- Consult- Every Elgin business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, number of touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean- Based on your specific Elgin business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our SERVPRO of Elgin employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of equipment, tools, and supplies, and dispose hazardous materials. We also guarantee a cleaning within 24-hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible
- Certify- Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communications that you’ve selected a higher standard of cleaning. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location has been cleaned to a higher standard
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation! We’re Here to Help as we fight to bring daily life back to normal in the Elgin community. Please feel free to reach out to our Elgin office (847) 697-8500 for question or request a consultation.
Learn about Elgin
Be Proactive, Not Reactive
For an Elgin business owner, a worst-case disaster scenario involving fire or water damage can seem unthinkable until it suddenly becomes reality. In the aftermath of a disaster, a quick response time by a disaster recovery company such as SERVPRO of Elgin can help minimize property damage.
Business owners need to have a quick and convenient emergency disaster plan that connects them with vendors, necessary contacts, and pertinent information when disaster strikes. The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) is a respected industry tool during a disaster event. An ERP is so valuable, that in the midst of the confusion and panic that often surround a disaster, an owner or manager can be provided a sense of calm and clarity in reaching out for expert help.
When building an emergency plan, there are four keys to remember:
- Identify your facility’s greatest threats in order to assess the overall severity of the event. During recovery mode, what are your greatest threats? Is it floods, fires, or tornadoes? Look at your location. Do you have a location in a “tornado alley” or subject to deep freezing temperatures? Try to think outside the box without becoming a doomsday prepper!
- Document all vital information and establish clear communication activities. An ERP needs to contain critical property information that can help speed up response time after a disaster occurs. Consider including any documented prior loss history, identify and label utility shut off valves, and prioritize your key contacts. Prior loss history can provide first responders and restoration vendors with historical information on your facility’s condition. Proper utility identification will allow for quicker response time for emergency shut off, requests and key contact information is vital to starting the recovery process, allowing you to quickly contact key personnel and answer priority questions.
- Practice! There is no textbook event, so expect the unexpected with your Elgin business. You should conduct practice sessions to make sure everyone is clear on the process. Always have clear evacuation routes in your ERP and set distribution chain for your disaster recovery plan amongst key contacts and various location.
- Keep it updated and have all necessary information communicated with your insurance company and emergency restoration vendors. The best way for the recovery to begin is remaining proactive by always keeping your ERP updated. Your SERVPRO of Elgin representative can help keep your ERP up to date. People will come and go, changes will be made to the facility, and utilities change. This should be a dynamic document that changes as your business does. If you do not keep it updated, you will be several steps behind when disaster strike.
With SERVPRO’s ERP, you will be ready for whatever life hands you and your Elgin business. And we are ready to create an ERP for your business at no cost to you! We are the restoration professionals and have earned the trust of many property owners to make it seem “Like it never even happened.” To schedule your FREE ERP or have any questions, call our office: (847) 697-8500.
Learn more about Elgin.
Soot Safety After a Fire in Elgin
Picture this: An accidental fire has started in your beautiful Elgin home and you’re forced to quickly evacuate. Through the chaos and uncertainty, you and your loved ones have safely exited the home and are now a good distance away from the scorching flames. Everyone is now waiting outside as the rescue team fights to extinguish the fire. The firefighters were able to extinguish the flames and saved your home from burning down. They have determined your home is structurally sound enough for you to go back inside, but is your home really safe again?
As if dealing with a house fire was not enough, once the initial danger has passed, you have to deal with soot which has spread throughout your home. Soot is made of tiny carbon particles created by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels. It contains a lot of hazardous materials which give off an ugly sight and foul smell. This can be quite harmful to you and your family and may cause health effects.
Soot exposure is a serious matter and it’s vital to ensure the soot-affected area has been properly cleaned by professionals. Statistics from a 2017 study, in JAMA, show that particle exposure leads to around 20,000 deaths in the United States each year. In fact, soot related diseases are the culprit of many of them. It has been the main cause of 300,000 asthma attack and two million lost workdays. Don’t let your home fire and its soot particles become one of these statistics.
Although safety risks from fires do not end once the flames are out, there are ways you can still bring your Elgin home back to a safe environment. SERVPRO of Elgin is here to offer the fire restoration services your home needs after a horrendous disaster. We are the trained professionals and know how to properly bring your home back to preloss conditions. Feel free to call us with any questions or schedule your services (847) 697-8500. Also consider reading more about an Emergency Escape Plan to prepare for this kind of disaster.
Learn more about Elgin.
Safety Precautions During Your Home’s Visit
SERVPRO of Elgin is being called on by numerous businesses and community leaders to perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect, and sanitize their properties. We have helped a tremendous amount of offices, hospitals, and education facilities, but that does not mean we are not here for our Elgin area residents! During this time, we are still servicing the residents who call Elgin their home. This means we are here for you when your Elgin home experiences a water or fire loss, mold, or damage from a storm event.
At SERVPRO of Elgin, we have been serving our community since 2003 and we are prepared to continue providing our clients with a safe and comfortable experience. To ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and their homes, we implemented additional steps recommended by the CDC into our job processes. This includes all technicians and SERVPRO employees to wear face masks during client visits. We also place an air scrubber into the affected area to promote clean air in the client’s home. Lastly, every employee has their temperature taken each morning to verify they are eligible to perform work for our clients.
SERVPRO of Elgin will continue to answer your phone calls, provide estimates, and help with any restoration services you might need. Restoration is defined as essential as our services are necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and operation of the Elgin area residents. Per our mission, we will be “Here to Help” when you need us most and provide a service that keeps your home functioning and your family safe. We will continue to monitor this situation with the goal of keeping you and your family comfortable in your home during these uncertain times.
Whether you need deep cleaning services or water/ fire restoration, we are here to service you on your schedule as we are a 24-hour emergency business. If you or your family has any additional questions about our services or protocol, please do not hesitate to call our office: (847) 697-8500.
Learn more about Elgin.
How to Handle the Aftermath of a Sump Pump Failure in Elgin
It's that time of year where rain is usually in the forcast, so many Elgin homeowners are ensuring their sump pump is ready for the season. A sump pump is installed underneath the floor of basements which is called a “sump pit”. Once heavy rains hit your home, water starts to flow into the pit through drains or natural soil migration. Once watered is received, the pump will activate and start redirecting the water away from your home. It can be an especially important piece to your home if you invested money into refinishing the basement or have valuable items stored away. But like any piece of equipment, there is a possibility of it failing which can result in flooding, water backups, or water damage to your Elgin basement.
Your beautiful basement has flooded due to a sump pump failure, so now what?
- A flooded basement poses an electrocution hazard. Never enter a wet or flooded basement until the electricity has been shut off from the main panel.
- Locate and turn off the water source. If the source is coming from a ruptured pipe, turn off the main shutoff valve.
- Determine the type of water that has flooded your Elgin home. If it from a pipe, it’s generally safe up to 48 hours, but it is still recommended to wear gloves, boots, and other protective gear. If the water is from a sewage backup, it is classified as biohazard and requires intervention by qualified experts.
- Don’t attempt to pump it out yourself. If deep water is pumped from a flooded basement too quickly, you might cause structural failure. This is possible because there is external pressure exerted by over-saturated soil pressing against the basement walls.
- Call the experts. SERVPRO of Elgin is your water mitigation experts. Our franchise has been servicing basements with water damage since 2003. We can confidently provide you with quality solutions to bring your Elgin home back to preloss conditions.
Luckily, there are a couple of ways you can avoid sump pump failures. The first way to avoid failure is through annual maintenance. For example, clear the sump pump basin of debris which can clog the pump inlet. Be sure to also test the function of float switches. You can do this by pouring five gallons of water into the basin and observing proper activation. Lastly, you can help prevent failure is to upgrade to a battery backup feature. This ensures the sump pump continues to work after your Elgin home experiences a power outage.
Learn more about Elgin.
How to Prepare for an Elgin Storm
Everyone enjoys the spring and blooming flower in Elgin, but what people do not like is the variety of harsh weather conditions that come during this season. Your home takes a beating during storms, so it is very important for you to maintain and protect them. Luckily, there are plenty of preventative measures homeowners can take to help reduce damage if and when a severe storm hits. Consider the following tips to keep your home safe this season:
- Trim and maintain your trees. They are a risk to possibly damage your home’s exterior or break a window. When heavy rain hits Kane County, it also gives the possibility for trees to be uprooted from the ground as well.
- Secure your fence. Ensure your fences are fully secured to prevent them being lifted from the ground.
- Secure furniture. Patio furniture is a lovely touch for your backyard. Unfortunately, heavy winds can cause items like chairs and toys to be moved. This poses a possible risk to damage either your furniture or your home’s exterior. You can prevent this by anchoring furniture or moving items inside.
- Check your gutters. Gutters need to remain clear at all times. Clear gutters allow water to flow away from your home. If they are not maintained, it can cause water to overflow and create leaks. There is also a risk for your roof to collapse from the built-up pressure. Set a couple of hours aside to clean gutters and make sure they are properly working. To learn more about how to properly clean gutters, click here.
- Protect your shingles. Make sure your shingles are secure to endure storms in Elgin. If they ever become loose, you can repair each shingle with either roof tar or sealant spray.
- Stock a basic emergency kit. Intense storms in the Kane County area can leave you without electric, water, gas, or sewage for a few hours or even days. Stock your family’s emergency kit without enough food, water, and supplies to carry everyone through at least three days. A basic emergency kit can include: Water, food, and flashlight.
- Create an emergency ready plan.
- Know your policy. It’s critical to read and understand your insurance policy. Be sure to frequently examine your property to ensure there are no physical or liability hazards.
If your home has been damaged by a storm, SERVPRO of Elgin can take of any needs you and your family have after a disaster. Don’t feel alone during this stressful time. We can take the stress out of fixing any water or fire damage from storms. We are a 24-hour service and are “Here to Help” whenever you need us. For services and any questions, call: (847)-697-8500.
Learn more about Elgin here.
The Importance of Proper Drainage for Your Elgin Home
From intense wind, heavy snow fall, and rain showers, your Elgin home endures a lot of storms throughout the year. When these storms hit, your gutters are busy at work. Their job is to control the flow of rainwater which protects your roof, walls, foundation, and landscape. Unfortunately, they can also be at risk for causing serious additional problems if they are not maintained.
If your gutters are not maintained after enduring Elgin’s storms, you can easily be at risk for potential water damage which can cost thousands of dollars. Since the job of gutters is to carry water away from the home’s foundation, it cannot do its function without clear paths. Clogged gutters will eventually overflow onto the foundation of the home. And depending on the amount of water and condition of the foundation, water could seep into your basement or crawl space. Clogged gutters can also pose a weight strain on your roof and fascia. This could cause your roof to collapse and causing damage to the shingles of the roof and exterior of the house.
A routine cleaning of your gutters can prevent damage to your roof, exterior, foundation, and save you a lot of money in damage repairs. By setting aside a couple of hours, follow these steps to easily clean them yourself and ensure they are functioning properly:
- Protect your hands and keep them dry by wearing latex gloves
- Begin cleaning near the downspout
- Clear large debris such as leaves and twigs by hand
- Remove and clean downspout strainers
- Flush out the gutter with your garden hose. Start at the opposite end of the downspout
- Check the downspout for any lodged debris and remove any remaining debris
- Use a pressure washer to remove any mildew and dirt from the gutters
If your Elgin home has experienced water damage, be proactive by partnering with SERVPRO of Elgin to dry out the damaged area. We are the water restoration experts and you can count on us to remove and repair water damage. We are a 24-hour service and can respond to the call at any time. To schedule an estimate or if you have any questions, call (847) 697-8500.
Learn more about Elgin.
SERVPRO of Elgin Always Responds to the Call
SERVPRO of Elgin is part of the “STORM Response Team”. This means, when there is a disaster, we are prepared to send our fully trained and experienced crew to help with damages. We have a fully stocked 36-foot trailer with equipment and supplies that our trained technicians are ready to use. Once arrived, we perform work for dozens of homes or large corporate facilities. With hundreds of other SERVPRO franchises responding to STORM, we literally “Paint the Town Green”. Together we restore homes and businesses to preloss conditions.
Our crew has been all over America to respond to storms and “Paint the Town Green”. Over the years, we have spent 17 months in different states to assist in 7 hurricanes and 12 microbursts. Most recently, SERVPRO of Elgin went to North Carolina after Hurricane Florence. Our crew spent six months completely gutting and drying homes. SERVPRO of Elgin was able to restore around 30 homes during our time in North Carolina. One home in particular took three months due to the severity of the mold contamination. The 2,500 square foot home was required to be completely stripped to the bare bones. The ceiling, flooring, cabinets, walls, and furniture had to be thrown out. With the team’s hard work, SERVPRO of Elgin was able to restore this home with a safe and dry structure.
Not only was SERVPRO of Elgin there to respond to Hurricane Florence, we were on the site after Hurricane Harvey hit Texas as well. For 3 months, our crew was putting in 12-hour days to bring houses back to preloss conditions. This included gutting the house and completely drying it. Their tremendous amount of effort resulted in over 45 houses completed. One of our technicians, Bert, was one of the leaders in restoring the homes. His favorite part about going on STORM was the opportunity to positively changes lives.
Whether a storm hits the Elgin area or across the country in Texas, SERVPRO of Elgin is there to respond to the disaster. With the help of our specialized equipment and number of franchises, we are able to tackle any large storm or flood damage. Read more about SERVPRO of Elgin’s specialized equipment here and how it can save your Elgin home from storm damage. To schedule your storm damage repairs, call our office (847) 697-8500. We are a 24-hour emergency service and will respond to the call whenever you need it most.
Learn more about Elgin.